Photo: Love + Craft Kitchen
Here’s a fun, refreshing, cocktail-like beverage to enjoy on the patio or at your next picnic! Superfood watermelon and fruit balsamic vinegar provide not only many key nutrients but also natural sweetness – no added sugar needed!
The pureed watermelon juice will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator, which makes it easy to mix up one glass at a time or to double or triple the recipe to prepare a pitcher for a party. If you prefer no pulp, simply strain the watermelon puree before using.
Makes: 2 servings
1 seedless watermelon – to puree
1 cup watermelon puree
4 teaspoons fruit balsamic vinegar (raspberry, strawberry, other favorite)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
8 ounces sparkling water
4 – 6 ice cubes (2 -3 per glass)
– small, thin watermelon slice on the rim of the glass
– a sprig of mint
– fresh blueberries or raspberries floating on top
- Wash and dry whole watermelon. Cut into 2” – 3” chunks, removing the rind from the fruit.
- Place fruit into a blender or food processor. Process until liquefied and smooth.
- In each of two 12-ounce beverage glasses, measure ½ cup watermelon puree, 2 teaspoons balsamic, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice over 2 – 3 ice cubes.
- Slowly add the sparkling water to fill the glass, careful not to bubble over. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
© 2018 Love + Craft Kitchen, LLC, All Rights Reserved