This flavorful recipe for Thai-style Red Curry capitalizes on healthy fats and is also gluten, soy and added sugar-free when using the noted brands below. Choose any combination of vegetables, and feel free to use any firm white fish, shrimp or other seafood in place of the salmon.
Makes: approximately 4 servings
2 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
1 ½ cups vegetables, sliced or cut into bite-sized pieces
(pea pods, bell peppers, broccoli, onions, asparagus, or zucchini in any combination)
1 can (13 – 15 ounces) coconut milk (full fat – Thai Kitchen Organic or Chaokoh)
2 tablespoons Red Curry Paste (no added sugar – Thai Kitchen or Mae Ploy)
1 tablespoon fish sauce (no added sugar – Red Boat)
1 tablespoon coconut aminos (no added sugar)
1 teaspoon lime juice
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1-pound salmon, cut into 1” pieces
Handful fresh Thai basil or regular basil leaves, washed and patted dry
Suggested accompaniment: Brown Jasmine or Basmati rice, or Cauliflower Rice (hot, ready to serve)
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat; carefully add the vegetables when the oil is hot and shimmering. Stir-fry vegetables until just starting to soften – about 2-3 minutes. (They should be crisp, not fully soft or mushy.) Transfer the vegetables to a bowl or dish and set aside for later use.
- Reduce the heat to medium for the sauté pan or wok, and add the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, coconut aminos, lime juice, and nutmeg. Heat these ingredients to a gentle simmer, cooking for 2 minutes, whisking together to combine. NOTE: Keep the coconut milk at a gentle simmer over medium to medium-low heat; avoid boiling.
- Add the salmon and gently simmer for 3 – 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back into the pan, along with the fresh basil. Stir, then continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with cooked Brown Jasmine or Basmati rice or sautéed Cauliflower rice.
No added sugar, Gluten-free, Whole Food, Less Processed, Healthy Fats
© 2018 Love + Craft Kitchen, LLC, All Rights Reserved
#cleaneating #thairedcurrywithsalmon #glutenfree #healthyfats #loveandcraftkichen #noaddedsugar #salmon #thaicurry #wholefoodrecipes #wholefoodsdiet