Multi-Tasking for Salad Spinners
Salad spinners are a great multi-tasking kitchen tool. Not only do they make easy work of removing moisture from freshly washed salad greens but they also work their moisture-removing magic on other food items.
Why is it important to remove moisture from foods?
Removing moisture from certain foods is key to:
- allowing dressings, vinaigrettes, and sauces to coat evenly and without separation
- extending freshness and shelf life
- aiding cooking methods such as roasting, sautéing, and baking
What other foods can I use in my salad spinner?
Try using a salad spinner for
- spinning excess moisture out of –
- fresh or cooked vegetables (spaghetti squash, shredded, spiralized or sliced zucchini, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, grated potatoes and others)
- pasta, egg or rice noodles
- tofu shirataki noodles
- shrimp and scallops
- rinsing and drying –
- fresh berries
- fresh herbs
- canned beans and chickpeas
- canned artichokes
- removing the seeds from fresh tomatoes
Do you have a favorite way of using your salad spinner? Share it with us in the comments section!
© 2019 Love + Craft Kitchen, LLC, All Rights Reserved
Main photo: OXO